Saturday, August 22, 2009

Was it Friday the 13th by any chance?

This was my day yesterday...

06:30 – wake up with blocked nose and banging head ache (got flu again for the second time in three weeks)and get dressed.

07:30 – Give Cameron his breakfast – doesn’t want it in the bowl I have served it. Argument ensues and I switch off TV until he complies and eats out of the bowl I gave him

07:50 – On the way to school, Cameron moaning cos he doesn’t want to go today – says it is the weekend.

08:00 – arrive at school with radio on full blast (trying to drown sound of Cameron whining). I tell him to stop whining otherwise he cant watch Peter Pan tonight. Tells me he’s going to chop my arms off when he gets home. Get him in the school.

08:15 - Drive home already tired from altercations with Cameron.

12:30 – Go to pick up Cameron from school (no linga longa today for my sins). He wants to show me his tricks on the jungle gym and then on the trampoline. While I am watching him, he flies off the trampoline and lands on grass. Starts screaming – doesn’t usually do this when he hurts himself – usually to proud to make a scene. This time full performance. I realise something is wrong. Put him in the car – still crying. Ask him if he’s sore enough to go to the doctor – answer yes (now I really know something is wrong).

12:50 – Arrive at medicross. Wait for 40 mins to see doctor.

13:30 – See doctor – sends us for x-rays.

13:40 – in x-ray room, tell the woman I am pregnant. She tells me I cant go in with him. Cameron screaming cos doesn’t want to be held by her. Phone Michael come to the Medicross to go into the x-ray room with Cameron

14:15: Michael arrives at medicross. Tells me he’s parked next to my car and heard a hissing sound – discovered front right tyre is going flat fast.

14:30 – x-rays over and back in doctor’s room. Says no break but arm very swollen – a conocern. Suggests that there might be a green stick fracture that we cant see on x-ray. Advises that Cameron’s arm be put in a sling for a week. If not better in week, more x-rays.

14:45 - Michael goes to change tyre on car. Cameron and I go to casualty to get Cameron’s arm strapped up. Have to remove his jersey in this freezing weather otherwise wont be able to get it off later.

15:15 – get home from medicross and try to find clothes that will fit over the bandage. Only have two sleeveless vests and no jerseys big enough to fit over bandage. Reluctantly cut sleeve of one jersey and dress Cameron.

16:00 – Got to nearby shopping centre to buy some cheapie jerseys in a bigger size to fit over bandage. Reluctant to cuts sleeves off any other jerseys. Summer stock in. Could only find one. Will have to cut sleeves off his clothes after all.

If i didnt kow any better I would have thought it was friday the 13th

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like definite candidate for an unlucky Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you! Hopefully things are better now!

    ReplyDelete